Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Monday, May 27, 2013

Patriotic Rag Wreath

I hope you're enjoying your 3-day weekend! I know I am! The hubs and I have really loved having the extra time to relax together.

Today's post has been recycled from my other blog Home Trends Utah. Last year I made a patriotic rag wreath and in honor of Memorial Day I thought I'd share the instructions again. This wreath is awesome because I use it for Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Flag Day... I think you get the point. Long story short, I break this out for many holidays.

I hope you enjoy your Memorial Day and take some times to thank the men and women who make it possible for us to enjoy such freedom. I sure feel lucky to be an American and I love days like this when we get to celebrate our country.

Have a great day!

How-to Make a Rag Wreath


rag wreath

1. I purchased 2 yards of fabric in 4 different patterns (a half yard each). I wanted it to have a quilt-like look so I mixed lots of patterns, but made sure to use coordinating colors with similar sized patterns.


2. I cut the fabric into strips that were 6 inches long and 1 inch wide.  This was the most time consuming part.


3. I bought a wire wreath form with four rows of wire so that I could get the most diversity in the mixing of patterns.  I bought the wire wreath from Hobby Lobby for $4.95. (The one I got was one of the largest. Pick any size you think will look best on your door.)


4. I tied all the strips onto the wreath. I would encourage you to double knot if this is a wreath will be exposed to wind, rain, etc.  I made sure to tie the fabric strips in random order. Then I was done! I finished the wreath off with taking a red gingham patterned ribbon and threading it through the first row of wire. Think of something cute you could do to add something special and unique! 


2 comments:

  1. I love this wreath! Good one to re-post :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Krysta! It was a super quick, easy, and inexpensive project. I can only hope to be as crafty as you one day :)
      Love, Lea

      Delete