Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Monday, July 1, 2013

Red, White, and Blue Deviled Eggs


The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays...only second to Christmas. This year I wanted to channel Martha Stewart and create something new in the kitchen.

If you follow me on Instagram you might remember that I made colorful Deviled Eggs for Easter. I dyed them pastel colors and it came out super cute. This time I decided to try it out for the biggest BBQing holiday of the year. Deviled Eggs are quick, easy, and yummy...perfect to bring to a cook-out.

I hope you enjoy the recipe. If you try it make sure to leave a comment and let me know what you think!

Thanks for reading!





Red, White, and Blue Deviled Eggs

1. Boil the eggs as you usually would. TIP: It is best to use older eggs because they will peel easier.

2. Peel the eggs and slice them in half (the long way)

3. Take the halves and remove the yolk. Set the yolk aside in a bowl.

4. Prepare the food coloring for egg dying as directed by the package. I used 1 tbs. of vinegar per 1/2 cup of boiling water added to a large bowl. Add 10-20 drops of food coloring (I used 20 drops)

5. Put the half hard-boiled eggs in the bowls of dye. If you want tie-dyed eggs similar to the blue eggs above add some extra food coloring while the eggs are already in the dye. Let the eggs sit in the food coloring for 5 minutes or until desired color is achieved.

6. While the eggs are in the dye. Mix the yolks with mayonaise, mustard, kosher salt, and freshly ground pepper. Add each ingredient to your personal preference. I used a heaping Tablespoon of mayo, a Teaspoon of Yellow Mustard, salt and pepper. Some people also like to add relish but I prefer to keep it pretty simple.

7. Remove the eggs from the dye. Let them dry flat side down on paper towels (I also pat them down with a paper towel once they're almost fully dry to get the extra dye off). Once dry add the egg mixture to the halves and top with a sprinkle of paprika. (I fill a plastic bag with the egg mixture and cut a small hole in one corner and use it as a pastry bag to nicely deposit the egg mixture in the egg halves).

Enjoy!





1 comment:

  1. These are so fun and festive! I will have to try them! My husband loves deviled eggs!

    xo,
    Jacqueline

    stylininstlouis.com

    ReplyDelete