Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Life 9.29.13 - 10.5.13



This week was busy, busy, busy. So busy that I took very few photos and did very few things worth writing about but since this is acting as my "journal" I'll fill you in on all the exciting details :).

Work was pretty crazy this week for Nic and myself. We both work for software companies (Nic at Adobe and I work at Property Solutions). The week went by fast for me with lots of projects to work on, client issues, and meetings. Nic has been working on some really big deals that have been very time consuming. We carpool to work just about everyday and on the ride home you can always tell it was a rough work day when we're silent basically the whole way home. Let's just say we were happy to have the weekend come!

 On Wednesday we got the great news that our wood floors could be refinished and we would not need to completely replace them. This will save us a ton of money...wahoo! The flooring company sanded down a small area in our entry (which we're ripping up anyway to install the wood in a herringbone pattern) to show us some samples of stains. Isn't that cool? We really appreciated being able to see how the exact wood we're using took the stain. We have chosen an ebony stain and we cannot wait to get rid of the cherry red floors, yuck!


This weekend was relaxing and wonderful and JUST what we needed. We had the privilege to watch LDS General Conference and hear inspiring words from leaders in my church. I spent most of the weekend in pajamas watching the broadcast on TV. Proof that I was in said pajamas is below. I even wore them to wash my car on Saturday morning. (we did a lot of cleaning this weekend trying to prepare for the move)



By the way, there was snow on our roof on Friday. What the heck! I thought it was October not December?! Call it the Jersey Girl in me but something about seeing snow this early in the year just thoroughly depresses me.  If you live in a warm place I am very jealous of you!  Please let me know if you're ever looking for a visitor/ roommate for the winter.


This weekend we bought a refrigerator and range top from RC Willey. We got a great deal on this Wolf range top because it is a floor model and had a few minor scratches.  We saved a ton of money which made the hubs very happy.  Nic is all about getting a good deal.

We went with an LG refrigerator because they had the best reviews and came highly recommended. We also chose to go counter depth because we think they just look prettier. If you are in the market for a range or fridge (or any appliances) feel free to ask me for advice because we did a TON of research.


That sums up our week!

To see my other lifestyle posts click this link and to keep up with what I'm doing day-to-day follow me on Instagram @designlifeandstyle.

Also make sure to check out my other post from today here.












No comments:

Post a Comment