Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Historic Homes in Ogden, UT

Ogden was at the pinnacle of its success in the roaring '20's. It was a bustling city back then acting as a gateway for the railroads. It may not be as glorious today as it was back then but there is some really great historic architecture to be enjoyed there. A while back the hubs and I took a Sunday drive up to Ogden to do some exploring. Here are some pics of the homes we saw. I love drawing inspiration from both the old and the new; so this was a big treat for me. Older homes have so much personality. I hope to bring some of that charm to our home when we build.

You'll notice a few of the homes are under construction. I think this is just great because it will realy revitalize the city. One day Nic and I hope to restore a home and sell it to a new family. I think that would be a really fun project. Which home is your favorite? Let me know!









2 comments:

  1. I love the feel of old homes too! And I really love some of the ones in Ogden and Provo. (I live in Southeast Idaho and have visited a lot). My dream home is a 20's/30's craftsman. Or at least the feel of one. These homes so much character! The first photo is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love historic homes too. They just have so much more charm than new construction. The first photo is my favorite as well! Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you stop by again soon!
      xo, Lea

      Delete