Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Monday, December 2, 2013

Remodel Update 2

Hello blog friends!

My gosh, it has been a while since my last update. I am seriously slacking. If you follow me on instagram (@designlifeandstyle) you know that in the past couple weeks I have been in Dallas for work and moving...and that has taken up just about all of my time. I seriously cannot believe the amount of junk that 2 people can accumulate in one condo; it's insane!

Today I wanted to update you on the progress of our remodel. Things have finally started to progress and the list of items left to do is getting smaller and smaller.

We had some set backs. The company that was hired to refinish our hardwood floors was delayed by a week which pushed everything else back a week and now we are homeless for about a week to 10 days. Not so fun.

On the more positive side, everything that we have picked out that has been installed looks absolutely perfect. I could not be more happy with our floors, countertops, or baseboards and casings. I am hoping that as all the other details fall into place I will be just as happy with them.

I hope everyone had a safe and happy Thanksgiving! Stop by tomorrow for my post on what my family did for the holiday.

Have a great day!


New windows in the master bedroom and the new baseboards, casings, and headers.




The new kitchen countertops...they're an absolute dream! I love them! They are called Super White Quartzite. It looks similar to marble but is much more durable.  Marble is calcium based and ships easily as well as absorbs stains. If you are not into a very "worn in" look...you'll probably not be happy with marble after you've used it for a while. 

Also, take a look at the prep sink we had installed in the island!


Making decisions about paint colors is stressful. My recommendation to anyone selecting paint for a room is to of course paint samples on your wall, then make sure to see it in different types of light. The colors most likely will change in natural light and artificial light so it is important to live with the colors at different times of day. From top left going clockwise the colors are Anew Gray, Agreeable Gray, Repose Gray, Mindful Gray, and Requisite Gray (all Sherwin Williams).


The wood floors in our entry were ripped out and the herringbone inlay was installed.


Here's what they looked like after the stain. The entry might already be my favorite spot in the house!


The new countertops in the master bathroom (and the 1/2 bath) were installed along with the new rectangle sinks that I love!

On the agenda for this week is painting, cabinetry, wainscoting, backsplash, and rebuilding the fireplace surround. I'll make sure to update you at the end of the week!

To follow along with all the remodel craziness check out #leydsmanhomereno on Instagram!



No comments:

Post a Comment