Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Saturday, December 28, 2013

What's in my KusiLife Makeup Bag


Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite new beauty secrets and introduce you to a very special accessory line. KusiLife is a brand new company specializing in handmade accessories. These accessories have a very special significance because the sale of each KusiLife product will help in aiding people in need in the Peruvian community. 

In the words of KusiLife:
"KusiLife is a newly formed start up specializing in the import and selling of Andean handmade accessories in the U.S. Through this we hope to connect continents, giving Americans a taste of indigenous Peruvian culture while also contributing back to the Peruvian community through charitable contributions to socially conscious projects.

The idea for KusiLife sprang from a desire to make beautiful Peruvian artisan goods more attainable not only to Americans but also to Peruvians living abroad who miss the nostalgia of these products.
While traveling to our native Peru this past winter, we began the process of creating KusiLife as a side project and since then the idea has grown. We are now dedicated to bringing KusiLife in its most literal sense which means “happy-life” to everyone by promoting Peruvian products abroad and through charitable contributions to Peruvian social causes.
Peru is a country rich in culture and history but unfortunately statistics show that a third of the population still lives below the national poverty level. Poverty is also the deepest amongst people of indigenous roots living in rural areas. For this reason, migrants travel to Lima, the Peruvian capital in order to seek better opportunities but they often find themselves in similar circumstances. Many resort to creating goods for tourists but their customer base is extremely limited and we hope to broaden their reach.
Every piece that we offer on our site is one of a kind. Each piece is unique and handmade from cotton. Colors and designs will be similar but no piece will be identical.
Kusi means “Happy” in Quechua, the native language of the Incas. It is still spoken by millions of indigenous people throughout the Andean region and presently, Quechua is the official language of Peru alongside Spanish. Therefore, KusiLife means happy-life so remember always Be Kusi. Be happy."
I was eager to partner with a brand that shows so much compassion and attentiveness to societies that are in need. Visit www.kusilife.com to view their for line of products and learn more about their story.
So...what exactly is in my KusiLife makeup bag?

First, my new favorite mascara, Maybelline "Falsies". This is my everyday go-to mascara and you can find it at Target or any drug store. However, when I'm looking to spice things up I have recently started to love applying false eye lashes. You can instantly change the shape and intensity of your eyes with false lashes. The best part is that once you get the hang of applying them they are very, very easy. For this look I used Bullseye "Just a Girl" Joan Lashes.
I have also been loving gel eye liner. It gives a much more polished and defined line than your typical eye liner. Since gel eye liner is a new thing for me I decided to go with a very budget friendly option to try it out. I chose Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner and I absolutely love it! The pigment is defined enough to really make your eyes POP! It is also very easy to apply as it is not thin and runny like you can sometimes find with liquid liners. I totally love it.
Red lips are a favorite of mine for winter and my go-to daytime red is MAC "Everyday Dive". It is there mineralize rich formula which keeps your lips hydrated throughout the day. It is extremely dry here in Utah so having lipstick that keeps my lips moisturized is a must!
Finally, I have a new favorite blush color which is MAC "Fever" Matte Blush. It gives a great deep, rich color and is beautiful if you have a darker skin tone like myself. I am never a girl to shy away from blush so I have TONS of different blushes; but somehow this always seems to be the first one I pick!

I hope you enjoyed this brief beauty post. Click the"Beauty Tips" link below to see some of my other beauty product reviews and suggestions.
Have a fab day! And don't forget to stop by kusilife.com!


4 comments:

  1. Hi there! I just wanted to tell you that you've got a new follower...me! I was looking through old post on Victoria Farnsworth's blog and came across you. I love your blog :-)
    Meghan @ Lipstick Skulls Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meghan! Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I really appreciate your sweet comment!
      xo, Lea

      Delete
  2. I Love your blog
    You don`t blog anymore? I missy yoy

    ReplyDelete