Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Cleansing Green Smoothie: Time to get Beach Body Ready


Well friends, that time of year is coming up when you're starting to wear less and less clothing. I've set a goal for myself that this summer I want my body to be in the best shape that it has been since High School. I want to make sure I'm eating a balanced diet and getting all the nutrients that I need. One way to help with that is by drinking this simple green smoothie. This is a new thing for me so I'm not an expert by any means, but my amazing sister Tai drank a similar smoothie for a cleanse and she absolutely loved it! (shout out to Tai for letting me use her kitchen for this shoot as well). It may not taste like a milkshake but it tastes so fresh and clean that you will know its super good for your body. Enjoy!



You will need:

1 handful of kale leaves (make sure to take the leaves off of the stem) coarsely chopped
1 apple (I used a Gala apple) chopped
2 celery stalks chopped
about 1 tsp. of finely chopped ginger
1 small cucumber chopped

freshly squeezed lemon juice for taste
2 cups of water
optional: you may add stevia drops if you want some added sweetness 
( although I thought the apple made it sweet enough)

Directions:
Blend the kale leaves with the water until smooth. 
Then add all other ingredients and blend to desired thickness.

If you do not like a thick consistency I would suggest juicing instead of blending. 
If you're juicing then just leave out the water. It's as simple as that!



3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, will share it with my friends who juice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this really work and what does it do for you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is just a shake that you can have to make sure that you are getting all the nutrients you need. I drink it as my breakfast so it replaces a meal, is low calorie, and high in nutritional value.

      Delete