Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Holiday Lookbook: Tweed & Metallic







dress: Banana Republic...coat: J. Crew...heels: Target (similar here)...clutch/wallet: Ted Baker
photography by JessaKae Photography...make-up by Vivian Johnson

I was going to hold off until next week to publish my collection of holiday looks but I was so excited about the photos that the amazing JessaKae Photography shot for me that I just had to share one post right away!  Jessa is not only a sweetheart and a beauty but she is an incredibly talented photographer. Check out some more of her work here! You can also follow her on instagram @jessakaephoto.  Make sure to tell her congrats because she's getting married next week!

It's been a while since I shared a fashion post and I thought that the holiday season was the perfect time to style some fun looks. The holidays bring many opportunities to attend parties and gatherings and of course you want to look put-together. If you're like me, you want to look appropriate for the occasion but not look like you're trying too hard.

This simple dress from Banana republic was a great, versatile piece for the holidays. It is understated enough to wear to church but can easily be dressed up for a holiday party.  I never want to buy anything that I can only wear for one occasion so this dress was a perfect addition to my closet. I love the metallic strands that run through the tweed so I picked silver shoes to compliment that detail.

I also want to let you guys know about my new fav beauty guru, Vivian Johnson. My make-up for this shoot was done by her and I just die over it! What she does with a make up brush is seriously magic! I felt like a princess when she was done glamming me up. It was also so great getting to know her, she's a doll.You can take a look at more of Vivian's work at www.vivianmakeupartist.com. I'll also be doing a post dedicated to how Vivian created this look for me so stay tuned!

Make sure to check back throughout the next week for more holiday inspired looks!

Have a great day and if you're in Utah like me stay warm!!!

1 comment:

  1. I work at a Banana Republic store, it's nice to see this dress styled!!

    ReplyDelete