Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Newport, Rhode Island

hat: Soel Boutique (similar here)...poncho: Forever 21...turtleneck: old, similar here
jeans: Rag & Bone...boots: Tory Burch old, similar...bag: J. Crew Factory

Two weeks ago I had the pleasure of heading back to the East Coast to meet up with my good friend from high school, Kristin. You might remember that I mention from time to time that I'm originally from New Jersey. I love Jersey and miss it often so having a long weekend to run around the Boston area gave me a little taste of home.

We started off our first day by going to tour the mansions in Newport, Rhode Island. These homes are absolutely gorgeous and the setting is amazing. Seeing the ocean seriously made my heart sing. There's something about being by the shore that you just can't beat.  We toured The Breakers and Marble House; both of which were previously owned by the Vanderbilt family and are absolutely iconic for the time period. You can learn more about the Newport mansions online at www.newportmansions.org/.

In Newport you can stroll along the Cliff Walk to get a view of the mansions from the outside; but my favorite part is getting to see all of the details inside. They are fully furnished in original pieces from the era and you feel as if you're being transported back to the 20's. Think Gatsby :)

Since I had such a great experience I wanted to share with you some photos from my day touring the mansions. Interior photos were only allowed in certain areas so I apologize for mostly posting exterior photos, but in my opinion the outside of these homes were just as gorgeous and detailed as the inside.

I hope you enjoy!
















1 comment: