Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Baby Girl's Nursery




Decorating Kendall's nursery was such a joy. It was so fun using vivid colors and fun prints...something that is definitely a deviance from my typical neutral and understated style. I wanted to create a beautiful space for Kendall without breaking the bank and without doing anything too permanent to the finishes of the room since we are considering selling this home in the summer (more on that later).  

My inspiration for the nursery started with this floral tea party painting from Pottery Barn Kids. I used it as my palette for colors and I drew my ideas for small details around the room from this painting. You'll notice kid sized tea cups on a small side table (this is from my childhood tea set) and delft blue accents here and there. After I found the painting I thought it would be cool and kind of funky to mix it with another bold pattern for the crib sheet. I found this beautiful crib sheet on cadenlane.com and new it was the perfect print for our nursery. 

There are a few more items I'd like to add to the space such as a rug and a different pillow for the glider; but all in all I am happy with the outcome. The photos really do not do it justice because this room has the sweetest and happiest aura in person. I am hoping Kendall will have many joyful and pleasant memories in this room.

Thank you for reading! If you have questions about absolutely anything in this space please do not hesitate to leave me a comment.











Dresser: RC Willey
Dresser Changing Table Topper: Pottery Barn Kids Catalina Changing Table Topper (extra wide)
Glider: Buy, Buy, Baby
Curtain Panels: Target
Lamp: Overstock
Monogram Wall Hanging: Pottery Barn Kids
Floral Painting: Caitlin Mcgauley via Pottery Barn Kids (no longer available)
White Matted Frames: Target
Crib Sheet & Changing Pad Cover: Caden Lane
Crib Skirt: Pottery Barn Kids
Bolster Pillow: Custom (gift from my Mom)


No comments:

Post a Comment