Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Monday, October 28, 2013

Life 10.13 - 10.27

Here's a quick glimpse into our life from the last 2 weeks according to my iPhone:

On October 17th we had a Halloween party with my Bunco group. Bunco is a totally mindless dice game that we get together and play once a month. We have dinner, play the game, and do a lot of chatting and girl talk. We rotate every month who hosts the group. It's always a blast. This month my friend Karenin from church hosted at her beautiful home. We all dressed up in our costumes. As usual, I waited til the last minute to figure out what to dress up as. I stopped by Harmon's (the grocery store right by our house) on my way home from work to see if they had anything I could wear to the party. Luckily I found an afro wig and a huge peace sign necklace and that was all I needed to turn into a foxy 70's diva haha.



That weekend my oldest niece, Kelsey, had her very first cheerleading competition. She did so well! I cannot believe how amazing she is at tumbling! It brought back many memories of my days in competitive cheerleading and totally made me miss it. Kels totally rocked the competition and I couldn't have been more proud. My nieces are growing up so fast it is making me so sad. I guess it's time for me and Nic to have some little girls of our own ;)



Nic and I had a relaxing weekend. We went to a restaurant called The Copper Onion in Salt Lake for dinner on Saturday night with our friends Tyson and Tiffany. I highly recommend it! If you go you must try the pork ragout...it is amazing.  On Sunday we went to church and had a pretty chill day.

While we were up in Salt Lake again later in the week we saw a Dunkin Donuts and I immediately demanded that we pull over and get some. I haven't had a Dunkin Donut in at least 6 years since I lived in Jersey and I didn't want to pass up an opportunity for that yummy goodness.  
As you can probably tell food is pretty important to me ;)


I golfed for my first time ever on a golf course last Thursday! Before I had only gone to the driving range with my husband or my dad but I was always afraid I'd be too terrible to play on a real golf course. I sucked up my fear...and my pride...and played 9 holes at Talon's Cove in Saratoga Springs with some co-workers. I was totally terrible, but it was a fun experience and I look forward to playing more when it gets warm next year. The view at the course was breathtaking!


Then this weekend was our typical routine. BYU game on Friday night, sleeping in Saturday, eating out, running errands for the remodel, and church on Sunday. 


I hope you all had a great weekend!
Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Your nieces are the cutest! And I love your sweater.

    Can't wait to see pics of your remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can you tell us where you got your cute sweater?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The striped top is from J. Crew but it's from a couple years ago and I haven't seen anything similar since :(

      -Lea

      Delete