Design, Life, and Style.  A chic lifestyle blog. Design, Life, and Style about me link Design, Life, and Style advertisement/sponsorship link Design, Life, and Style travel reviews link Design, Life, and Style recipes/cooking link Design, Life, and Style fashion/style link Design, Life, and Style interior design link Design, Life, and Style home link

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Life 9.22.13 - 9.28.13



I have to say; this past week was really, really fun!  It was great to have some chilly Fall weather to break out my favorite riding boots for. This week we saw the first snowfall in the mountains. As much as it pained me to see snow in September, I still thought it looked gorgeous. Especially from the bedroom window of our new place:



On Thursday my co-workers and I headed up to Park City to meet with clients at the Stein Ericksen Lodge for Property Solutions Summit. We had a great time getting to know our clients better and being in the beautiful Deer Valley scenery. At first I was a little nervous to meet some of my clients for the first time but it ended up being a huge success. I'm excited to visit more clients on site later this year.


This weekend was a total blast. A lot of the reason Fall is my favorite season is because of BYU football. We have season tickets this year so it has been so much fun to go to every home game. I did an outfit post featuring the sweater that I wore to the game because I just love it that much! We won the game on Friday versus Middle Tennessee and of course a Cougar victory made for an amazing start to the weekend. 






Saturday was spent running around to various design showrooms again in preparation for the renovations at the new house.  I had gotten all dolled up for a Saturday night out with the Husb when he randomly decided that we should head to Home Depot and get everything that we needed to demo the fireplace in our master bedroom. So I changed from this:


...into some sweats and we headed to Home Depot to get supplies. After that I looked like this for the rest of my super glam Saturday night:


We tore off all of the tile on the fireplace in our master bedroom and began banging away at the huge fireplace in our family room. Being the novices that we are we completely ruined the dry-wall in our master surrounding the fire place so that will totally need to be replaced...oops!  After taking off a few of the stones on our family room fire place we decided to let some professionals take care of that big job. There was no way that I was getting up on a ladder to chisel off stones 17 ft in the air (I'm far too chicken)! We had some fun trying to do our own demo but it was honestly a total fail haha. I'm glad we're hiring out the rest of the work.
I'll be posting before pics of the family room very soon so stay tuned for that!


Well, that about sums up my life for this week. What were you guys up to? I'd love to hear the highlights of your weekend. Leave me a comment and let me know!

To see my other lifestyle posts click this link and to keep up with what I'm doing day-to-day follow me on Instagram @designlifeandstyle.

Have a great day! Thanks for reading





No comments:

Post a Comment